Prinz Medical Clinic believes that each person is a unique individual whose nature is physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and social, and who is entitled to dignity and respect, regardless of circumstances or condition.
According to this philosophy; you, the patient, have the right to:
- receive courteous, competent and timely care;
- receive complete and current information regarding all aspects of your care in a manner that you understand;
- participate in the health-care team in developing a treatment or care plan that addresses your needs;
- obtain a second medical opinion;
- expect that information gathered concerning your care will be treated in a confidential manner;
- if you wish, designate a person to represent or support you in making decisions about your treatment or care;
- become informed of the names and functions of all members of your health-care team;
- be informed of the hospital policies that apply to you;
- express your concerns and receive a timely response;
- refuse treatments, except in circumstances stipulated by law (for example, for certain communicable diseases) and be informed of any possible medical consequences of such refusal;
- be acknowledged in the language of your choice (English or French); the hospital will provide, if possible, the services of an interpreter to ensure that communication with members of the health-care team is possible.